- Dr. Monika Spokas, Developmental Optometrist, speaks with us about the effects of vision problems on learning. She tells about red flags and what can be done to correct these problems.
- Word Shapes: Can you Read this?? Image Below
- Below is the Up and Down Reading Quiz that helps evaluate vision tracking.
- Dhillon Law Group, Founder and Partner
- Dhillon Law Group http://www.dhillonlaw.com/
- California RNC Committee Woman
- Gave Sikh Prayer to Open the 2016 Republican National Convention in Cleveland
- Currently the attorney representing The Young Americas Foundation and Berkeley College Republican v UC Berkeley on the rescinded invitation to Anne Coulter
- Follow Harmeet Dhillon on twitter @pnjaban
So many parents fear the daunting task of helping their children select and apply to college. Break down the steps of that plan with advice from Mr. Kevin Krebs, founder of Partners for Achievement (PFA). As a student athlete with an advanced degree, Kevin found himself on a path that he had not intended. As mentor to Northwestern University students on career planning and preparation for their futures, he was determined to fill the information void for aspiring college students and their parents. Partners for Achievement was born!
- For more detailed information and to reach Kevin and his team
- Facebook Partners For Achievement
3 Steps to College Planning and Career Success Workshop Presentations
- 4/11/17 Hinsdale South HS
- 4/17/17 Downers Grove Public Library
- 4/19/17 Hinsdale Public Library
- 4/20/17 Lake Forest HS
- 4/22/17 Partners For Achievement Headquarters in Oak Brook
- Anything from Sarah Addison Allen (5 in total) magical realism
- Garden Spells and First Frost about Waverley Family
- It’s Not Me It’s You by Mhairi McFarlane
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- Where’d you Go Bernadette by Marie Semple
- The Collector by John Fowles
- Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews
- Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
- Naked by David Seders
- Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
- Tortilla Curtain by TC Boyle LA
- Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
- The Matched Series by Allyson Braithwaite Condie
- Anthem by Ayn Rand
LEARN A LITTLE SOMETHIN’
- Loving Frank by Nancy Horan
- Grain Brain by David Perlmutter
- Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregor
- Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader Anne Fadiman
BETTER THAN THE MOVIE BOOKS
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
- Interview With a Vampire by Anne Rice
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
HONORABLE MENTION BOOKS
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Annie Barrows & Mary Ann Shafer
- A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick
- What She Knew by Gilly McMillan
- Defending Jacob byWilliam Landay
- Ivanka Trump Perfume #1 Bestseller www.ajc.com
- Corporate Marketing Fails www.businessnewsdaily.com
- Black Thursday Boycott www.money.com
- Thanksgiving Shopping Hours www.thinkprogress.org
- Entenmanns Not Guilty Campaign www.businessinsider.com
- Cheverolet Nove www.snopes.com
- Geraldo Vault Bust www.politico.com
From time to time, we pose thought-provoking questions to one another. Sometimes the questions are serious, other times silly. We don't let each other know the questions in advance.
- From Amy
- What do you tell your children when questionable or unquestionable person asks for money at the intersection?
- If you had to jump from a plane, or live in a submarine for a year, which one would you pick?
- From Mimi
- If you could be any age, what would it be? When do you feel like you became and adult?
- If you could do anything, but you knew you wouldn't fail, what would it be?
- Really people STOP and just listen to each other- video
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Anthem by Ayn Rand
- The Hand Maid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
- 2018 based on Kurt Vonnegut's Harrison Bergeron
- Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Mixologist, Laura Gajewski of Vistro. Laura runs Vistro's bar and collaborates with Vitro chefs on new cocktail recipes with seasonal flair. She has also mastered teh unique talent of drink-naming!
- Chef Paul Virant and owner of Vistro and Vie, Paul is a five time James Beard Best Chef Nomination. He has also competed of Food Network's Iron Chef America. Vie earned its Michelin star in 2011. Located just west of Chicago, Vistro is in Hinsdale and Vie is in Western Springs.
- Paul Virant authored The Preservation Kitchen: The Craft of Making and Cooking with Pickles, Preserves, and Aigre-Doux, offering the first canning manual and cookbook by a Michelin-starred chef.
- Follow Vistro on twitter, FB and Instagram
- Featured Guest: Christine Trainer, RED Integrative Health, Certified Integrative Health & Wellness Coach www.REDIntegrativeHealthCoach.com
- Pause: Reflect, Evolve and Design Your New Lifestyle by Christine Trainer available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble
- (FB) PAUSEREDIntegrativeChristineTrainer
- (Twitter) @REDIntegrative
- (Instagram) @redintegrativehealthcoach
- How Much Water Should I Drink?